An Expert Panel Moderated by FACT Executive Director Ian Gary Explored the Linkages Between the Fight Against Corruption with Fair Housing in the U.S.
The FACT Coalition, Global Financial Integrity, Action Center on Race and the Economy, Transparency International’s U.S. Office, and the California Reinvestment Coalition co-sponsored a panel to learn from experts about the scope of real estate money laundering and what the U.S. should do to fight it, and in doing so combat global corruption and create fairer housing markets here at home.
- Lakshmi Kumar, Policy Director, Global Financial Integrity, co-author, “Acres of Money” (biography)
- Jyotswaroop Bawa, Organizing and Campaigns Director, California Reinvestment Coalition (biography)
- Chuck Collins, Director of the Program on Inequality and the Common Good, Institute for Policy Studies, author, “The Wealth Hoarders: How Billionaires Pay Millions to Hide Trillions” (biography)
- Sofia Lopez, Deputy Campaign Director, Housing, Action Center on Race and the Economy (ACRE) (biography)
- Ian Gary, Executive Director, FACT Coalition (moderator) (biography)
Click here to read more on the background of this event.