Event to Feature Sen. Chris Van Hollen (D-MD) and Speakers from Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), Moody’s, FACT Coalition, and More…
- What: The GRI Tax Standard to Be Published
- Date: Thursday, December 5, 2019
- Time: Noon – 1pm EST
- Where: Washington, D.C.
- Venue: U.S. Capitol Visitor Center, Room SVC-200 (Map)
- RSVP: CLICK HERE (Registration is Required)
The Global Reporting Initiative (GRI), which provides the world’s most widely adopted sustainability reporting framework, is set to publish its newest standard — on tax transparency — on Thursday, December 5th, 2019.
The GRI Tax Standard will be the first global standard for country-by-country public reporting of corporate taxes. It was drafted through a multi-stakeholder and independent process, while it’s development was informed by global consultation, including a public comment period when strong support was received from investors.
The FACT Coalition — in partnership with GRI, AFSCME, and Oxfam America — is holding an event for journalists and other interested parties at noon EST on Thursday, December 5, 2019 in Room SVC-200 of the U.S. Capitol Visitor Center in Washington, D.C. The event will feature remarks from:
- Senator Chris Van Hollen (D-MD), Ranking Member of the U.S. Senate Banking Subcommittee on Securities, Insurance, and Investment;
- Eric Hespenheide, Chairman of GRI;
- David Gonzales, Vice President and Senior Accounting Analyst at Moody’s;
- Elise Bean, former Staff Director of the Senate Permanent Subcommittee on Investigations;
- Gary Kalman, Executive Director of the FACT Coalition;
- and more…
CLICK HERE to register for the event. (Please note that registration is required to gain access to the event venue)