Policy Intern (Paid)
Preferred Location: Washington, DC, USA (Remote work options possible)
Fall Term: September to December 2022 (Start and End Dates Flexible)
Application Deadline: August 5, 2022
Compensation: $16.10/hr for 20+ hours per week
The FACT Coalition is looking for a Policy Intern to help with the Coalition’s communications, advocacy, outreach, and operations. Priority will be given to applicants who can work at least 20 hours a week.
The FACT Coalition is a non-partisan alliance of more than 100 state, national, and international organizations committed to promoting a fair global tax system and to combating the harmful impacts of corrupt financial practices. Unfair tax systems, multinational corporate tax avoidance, illicit financial flows, and corruption all rob the U.S. and other governments of the resources they need to fund social services, fight economic, gender and racial inequality, and combat climate change.
The successful candidate will join a pragmatic and winning coalition to help FACT take advantage of important policy openings to tackle dirty money in the U.S. financial system and promote fair and transparent multinational corporate taxation.
How to Apply
Apply here: https://www.ziprecruiter.com/jobs/fund-for-constitutional-government-1966777a/policy-intern-paid-14c19720
Candidates are encouraged to apply as soon as possible. Due to the expected volume of applications, only candidates who will be asked to interview will be contacted.
The successful candidate will be an important part of the small FACT Coalition secretariat team and will gain experience with a dynamic coalition focused on reforms high on the priority list of the U.S. government. The Policy Intern will assist in maintaining the Coalition’s daily communications and operations needs. This will include overseeing FACT’s public facing image across social media channels and the website. The Policy Intern will also help facilitate the internal coordination of the Coalition — organizing the Coalition’s various working group meetings, planning and organizing public events, recruiting support for joint sign-on letters to various Administration officials and Members of Congress, and following up with Coalition members on various commitments. The Policy Intern will also support the Coalition’s logistical needs. Beyond these day-to-day responsibilities, the Policy Intern will collaborate with the rest of the FACT staff on policy advocacy initiatives and will take on a long-term policy and research project co-designed with the FACT team.
- Work alongside our Government Affairs team in crafting briefing papers, talking points, and communications with Members of Congress, committees, and their staff.
- Draft a blog that recommends specific policy goals that can be implemented by Congress or the Administration.
- Research and write a background briefing paper for the coalition on an emerging issue.
- Aid in raising the profile of FACT’s policy goals through outreach to written media, where appropriate.
- Develop a front-row understanding of how the executive and legislative branches interact to shape U.S. policy.
- Build a network of policy contacts that will aid in your professional development during your time in D.C.
- Currently pursuing a Bachelor’s Degree;
- Excellent spoken and written communication skills, with demonstrated experience in persuasive writing;
- Comfort collaborating with others in various team-based advocacy and writing projects, as well as working independently;
- Strong organizational and logistical skills;
- Proactiveness in communication and problem-solving;
- Demonstrated ability to learn and utilize information technology platforms (experience with Hootsuite, SalsaLabs, and WordPress preferred);
- Team player who can deliver in a fast-paced environment;
- Experience in organizing successful public events;
- Resourcefulness, and creativity, and intellectual curiosity; and
- Some graphic design skills are a plus.
The FACT Coalition is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to cultural diversity and recruits with regard to gender, race, ethnicity, color, age, religion, sexual orientation, or disabilities.
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at FACT will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. The FACT Coalition is an equal opportunity employer. It is FACT’s policy to recruit, hire, and provide opportunities for professional advancement without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, parental status, or disability.